In October 2017 I established Charlotte Fredborg Advokatanpartsselskab with the ambition of working as a flexible ressource in legal departments in financial institutions. Since then I have been seconded to Danske Bank, IFU and Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken.
Prior to establishing Charlotte Fredborg Advokatanpartsselskab I worked in the legal department of Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken in Copenhagen. In the department we co-operated closely with the business-side and worked with a variety of legal issues. I primarily focused on financing, including loan documentation, security rights, supply chain financing, trade finance, but also with general business law.
Before joining SEB I worked with the law firm Gorrissen Federspiel. Most of my time with Gorrissen Federspiel I worked in their banking and finance department focusing on regulatory aspects of banking and finance.
As a person I value being close to and understanding the business that I work with. I do my utmost to provide business oriented and value-adding advice.
More information about my work experience and education:
- Owner of Charlotte Fredborg Advokatanpartsselskab since October 2017.
- Currently seconded to Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken, working primarily with capital management law and investment fund law.
- In the period from May to June 2018 seconded to IFU, working with project financing.
- In the period December 2017 to February 2018 seconded to Danske Bank in the department C&I Legal Loans & Cash Management in Copenhagen.
- In-house lawyer with Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken, Denmark, from 2010 to 2017, where I:
- Assisted Large Corporates & Financial Institutions, particularly Corporate Coverage, Transaction Banking and Mid-Cap Acquisition Finance, with ad hoc legal advice, including the drafting and negotiation of loan documentation, including LMA documentation (investment grade and leveraged), acquisition finance and real estate financing, drafting of security documents and guarantees, advising on issues relating to defaulting borrowers, cash management etc.
- advised on and drafted documentation related to supply chain financing and trade finance
- advised on security rights, title registration as well as general business law
- assisted the fund management company IFS SEBInvest A/S and private banking
- was a member of a credit committee
- Attorney-at-law and assistant attorney with Gorrissen Federspiel from 2001 to 2010. In the years 2002-2010 I worked with Gorrissen Federspiel’s banking and finance department and primarily focues on regulatory matters, the legislation governing investment associations and questions related to the offering of financial services into Denmark. From 2001 to 2002 I worked mainly with real estate law, insolvency, M&A, company law, litigation and IP law.
- Head of section in the Ministry of Defence from 2000 to 2001, where I worked with real estate and environmental law.
- Attorney-at-law in 2003
- Master of laws, University of Aarhus 2000
- LL.M. in European Legal Studies, University of Bristol, 1999
I have participated in a number of courses within banking and financing related subjects, including MiFID II, LMA courses in investment grade documentation, leveraged documentation and super senior documentation as well as Euromoney courses in advanced loan documentation and swaps. In 2013 to 2015 I was part of JUC’s network for banking and finance.